RSS

Started Pretending

"Can We Talk" by Tevin Campbell

...but just like a baby, I could not talk / and I tried to come closer but could not walk...

Today, this Monday, March 2nd, is a snowday. In four years of college, this is my first snowday. Our university almost never closes for anything. We have delays, but rarely does the administration give us the day off.

And that is annoying because we are a large commuter school. People are coming from all corners of the city to attend class and they are sometimes forced to travel in some dangerous conditions.

Today though, the university is closed. I idly sitting in the apartment, cold whiteness trying to creep into my window and irrational sleepiness conversing with my eyes and muscles. I definitely have work I could be doing but no motivation to do it. My English midterm is on Friday and I don't want to read The Odyssey or Agamemnon again. Why did I have to read them in high school to suffer again in college? Greek mythology is awesome but the literature is some mess.

But I have all day to get through the homeric babbling. I should have been an African studies major.

0 comments: