RSS

Worry About the Words of the People It's Weird To

I know you don't know what I'm talking about
I hope you don't mind me tryna spell it all out
It won't be words that you can understand
But it'll fit in your hand; hands.

I put my God on the top of mountain
And put my pebbles down before I get to countin'
I do it the all time, and in the same way
It doesn't take me long, just all of my day
I got a Christmas Gift, that I get everyday
She sits across from me; I won't throw her away
Beside that sits my Ginger Snap, and how low she lays
But when She comes back, it's still all the same

My Nirvana runs fast all across the sky
It's like She's never done, but somehow she gets by
And my Rhythm Song, He's a classic guy
In the water, in the valley, on a straight line
And the straight line, is bent to my Mardi Gras
She's the loudest universe that you ever saw
And when She laughs, She makes the longest pause
Then the party starts again, of cawse
And my Wishing Marble got the same color
He never stops rolling and pretends not to smother
He's on a journey to a still unassigned place
But I know where I am once I've seen His face

I gotta land some time, always far from land
It's my Flying Nest that catches me in His brass band
He always knows I'm gone before I leave
And opens up the door just when he sees
Me returning.
When I get home, I have this Nugget of Light
She doesn't judge and she can shine whenever I'd like
She's so cool and still makes sense in the daytime
She is an everything thing, but only she is mine.

In between up and down and here and there
I got a Stormy Jasper and She pretends not to care
I get stuck on her cuz She's cut too strange
And She's not too good at keeping the storm in steady range
But that's the coolest thing that she has
Just as slow and exciting as the Jazz
I throw her like some unused packet
But I only mean for me to catch it.

And I always fall in that big rose garden
But the keeper never asks for my pardon
My Jubilant Misery just keeps on keeping
That's the one that smiles harder when She's sleeping.

They all keep you in a fantasy world
And that's fine for these struggling black girls
This sings to the ones with no rainbow
And louder to the ones who can't remember what they came fo'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

for colored girls...she always has a song

Karma, Inc. said...

amen

Don said...

Sweet poetry, an original?

Or is that from the book for colored girls?

Karma, Inc. said...

NO! But I love that play and it definitely was an inspiration. This is my own poem...an ode maybe.